Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Post and Welcome

Welcome to my little blog!

I started collecting coins and banknotes in 1997 after I bought a coin from the UK commemorating the death of Princess Diana and became hooked. I also sell currency from all over the world and find the whole subject fascinating.

To me when I look at a coin or banknote I can feel the history in my hands and get the feeling of being in some foreign land. They can tell you so much about a people and their culture and it is something I thouroghly enjoy.

While I consider myself a serious collector I'm also not a wealthy person which means that I am perfectly happy collecting a coin that isn't flawless or a banknote that has never been touched.

Over the years my coin collection especially has changed a lot and sadly is back on the small end. When it comes to coins I mainly collect US coins (any type, date, denom etc) but I am building up a decent foreign coin collection as well. I am trying to get a complete set of several types of coin before moving on to others.

My banknote colection is fairly extensive. My immedeate goal is to get at least 1 note from each of the nations on Earth that have existed in the past 40 years. Right now I have notes from 156 countries and a total of 670+ different notes, mostly in UNC condition.

I intend to use this blog as a way to keep track of my growing collection, to share it and what I've learned with others and to provid a place where people can come to find easily accessible information like grading, metal contents, varieties and so forth.

I hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know if you have something you think I'd be interested in buying or trading.

- Jacob Bogle

No comments:

Post a Comment